Friday, March 14, 2008

Genealogy And Blogging

What on earth does genealogy have to do with blogging? Well, I can’t answer that; however it has been on my mind. I have done a lot of research in my family history and stopped a few years ago due to unfortunate circumstances. I would like to continue with it but just don’t have the time at this time of my life. Every once in a while I think about it and would like to get back into it; however maybe later.

I would like to talk about using a blog method for developing and linking family genealogies. I can visualize in my mind that possibly a reworked blogging system could be organized around developing greater family histories. Why not have family pages about grandpa and grandma and the various experiences that members like nieces, nephews, sons, daughters and so on can reflect and write about. Then you would have a family collection of memorabilia about grandpa and grandma. Maybe this already exists, who knows?

If anything like this is developed, it must be kept simple, easy to use, and user friendly. Can such a thing be done without a moderator or editor? I don’t know the answer to this, but I do know that we live in a free society here in the US, who is to say what is to be deleted or edited. I think the only way for it to work would be independent cells that linked, but could be refused by another cell for personal reasons.

Now, I want to turn the corner and talk about my business. If you are interested in starting a business on the internet, I urge you to look at this site and see if it could be of use to you in your business. Go here and see.

Now go here and look at what you have available for live classes that are free teaching many subjects about the internet business. Go here.

Thank you for reading my blog. Brad Vigansky

No comments: