Saturday, February 23, 2008

Trash: Mail and Phone Calls

Good Morning Everybody, Today I’m going to gripe:

I have three favorite gripes. They are 1) Telephone Solicitation at evening times, which to me is family time. 2) Junk Mail. It seems like I fill my waste basket every day. 3) Unwanted papers and fliers on my lawn and driveway. (More trash.)

Number One; Do you get calls that there is nobody on the other end? Well, this could be a technique that some telemarketers use for obtaining times when you are home to answer the phone. Then these records are used to determine when a live person could call and get you. To remedy this situation for you, when you notice no one on the line click your # symbol several times rapidly, this will confuse the machine and kick your number out of their list. Oh my! How awful! (Smirf, Laugh, Ha Ha)

Then you have a live person on the line, very quickly say, “Hold on a minute”, and then very quickly lay the phone down. When you come back and hear the phone, “Beep beep beep”, just hang up.

Let’s bring these boiler rooms to a screaming halt. Those are terrible places to work. I have done it and hated every minute of it; and the pay was pathetic. Although at times there was a laugh or two.

Number Two; Junk mail. What to do with junk mail. I fill up my trash container with junk mail. You talk about spam. Oh! Forbid to compare it to spam. Oh My! One good remedy is to insert your junk mail into some of the free envelopes and send the envelope back with your junk mail. Be sure to remove any reference to you from your junk mail. Or you could return their own junk mail. This will cost them dearly. It would double their mailing costs for postage. They would be paying for it twice. In order to stop this we need to overwhelm them with their own junk.

Number Three; Before I close I would like to ask, does anybody have a comment on how to stop flier and paper delivery on my lawn and driveway. Is there a legal way to get it returned to sender? I know some people like them, but I hate them, that's just trash that I have to dispose. Could I save them and return them to the lawn of the sender? I'm sure I would be arrested for littering if I did that kind of thing.

Thank you for reading my blog. Brad Vigansky


No comments: