Sunday, February 17, 2008

Letter To My Sister

Good Morning Everybody: Today my blog is going to be a letter that I wrote to my Sister that lives in Fort Worth Texas. I wrote and asked her if she minded if I posted it to my blog. She answered go for it.

Hello Janet: You have interrupted my work; LOL. Now that I got your attention, while going through my emails this morning there was an email from Veretekk and there were a couple blips that I want to share with you in view of the discussion we have had about writing and developing a news letter. Here is a copy of what I read. I took the liberty of adding the underlining and color just for focus. There is really a lot of information in those 2 items.



3. Articles - Expose your expertise! While article writing is not easy, it is an extremely valuable asset to your site. By writing, you are creating unique content found nowhere else and we all know how much search engines love that! It also gives you another way of explaining a product or service without coming off as a sales pitch. Another added benefit of writing articles is that it's a great way to naturally grow the size of your site in an organic way, and will in turn, make your site become a "hub" of relevant information in regards to your industry. You will also learn this in many of our trainings.

4. Newsletters - This should be your site's bread and butter. The people who have signed up for your newsletter already feel that your site was worth their time to give you their email address, so these people have already placed some trust and value into what you have to say. The newsletter is where you can promote new products and services to interested users without risking any intrusiveness factors. This is the best place to make a sales pitch to your perspective readers! Can you say, "The Bully Pulpit?"



These comments are implying that you already have a web site. Which you really don't need, but it would be a real asset if you are to write a weekly comments type news letter. Personally I think a good way to start is like what I am doing right now. I would like to outline what that is. I think it's a good outline. As a matter of fact I think I will post it to my blog. If you want to see my blog go to my web site. There is a button under my picture that will take you to my blog. I think you might find it interesting. Not necessary to follow, but to see an example of how you could do your web site and blog.

1. Start composing with Microsoft Works Word Processor. You have studied English, grammar, spelling and maybe writing; however if you would do your entire writing using word composer it would really sharpen up your writing.

2. You can set up a wesite for free. On it you could display a sample of your news letter.

3. You could set up a blog for free with Google. There you could post to it on a daily basis and that way it would be recognized by the search engines. There is a way to do this and it would bring your search engine rankings of your web site up. There is a free class to teach you how to do this at Veretekk.

There that's about it. If you would be interested in the Veretekk classes, I will send you a link or you can find the link to it in my blogs. I believe you have a great deal to offer in writing and I think the daily blog would develop that; if you use the word processor technique that I mentioned. It might be better if you started with blogging first, although I think they should go hand in hand. At first it might seem like a lot of work but once you get it set up it would be duck soup for you.

Love, Brad.

Thank you for reading my blog. Brad Vigansky

No comments: